- Why is it called a teaspoon?
- What is TSP stand for in cooking?
- What are the cooking abbreviations?
- What does F mean in cooking?
- What does SM mean in cooking?
- What does PC mean in a recipe?
- How can I measure a teaspoon without a teaspoon?
- Does T stand for teaspoon or tablespoon?
- What does PT mean in cooking?
- What is the abbreviation for pinch in cooking?
- Why do we use abbreviations in cooking?
- What does TSP stand for?
Why is it called a teaspoon?
How did they get their name and can they be used to measure a spoon of tea.
The teaspoon as we know it was first introduced publicly in 1686 – in London, of course.
It was advertised in the London Gazette as a cutlery spoon that also held a perfect measure for tea..
What is TSP stand for in cooking?
teaspoonfulIn some countries, a teaspoon (occasionally “teaspoonful”) is a cooking measure of volume, especially widely used in cooking recipes and pharmaceutic medical prescriptions. In English it is abbreviated as tsp. or, less often, as t., ts., or tspn..
What are the cooking abbreviations?
Common Cooking AbbreviationsTeaspoon: tsp. (t.)Tablespoon: Tbsp. (T.)Cup: C.Ounce: oz.Pint: pt.Pound: lb.Quart: qt.
What does F mean in cooking?
“F” … Fahrenheit – a temperature scale with 32°F as the freezing point of water and 212°F as its boiling point (to convert to Celsius, subtract 32 from the Fahrenheit, multiply by 5 and divide by 9).
What does SM mean in cooking?
sm – small. md, med – medium.
What does PC mean in a recipe?
after meals post cibumWhat Does It Say?AbbreviationMeaningLatin Termpcafter mealspost cibumpilpillpilulaprnas neededpro re nataq2hevery 2 hoursquaque 2 hora13 more rows•Mar 29, 2018
How can I measure a teaspoon without a teaspoon?
3. Hand Comparisons1/8 teaspoon = 1 pinch between thumb, index and middle fingers.1/4 teaspoon = 2 pinches between thumb, index and middle fingers.1/2 teaspoon = Cup your hand, pour a quarter sized amount in your palm.1 teaspoon = Top joint of index finger.1 tablespoon = Entire thumb.More items…•
Does T stand for teaspoon or tablespoon?
Teaspoon = t. or tsp. Tablespoon = T. or tbsp.
What does PT mean in cooking?
1 pintU.S.–Metric Cooking Conversions1 tablespoon (tbsp) =3 teaspoons (tsp)8 fluid ounces (fl oz) =1 cup1 pint (pt) =2 cups1 quart (qt) =2 pints4 cups =1 quart16 more rows
What is the abbreviation for pinch in cooking?
dash p.Download ppt “ABBREVIATIONS USED IN RECIPES. Very small measure Dash = dash p. = pinch sp. = speck f.g. = few grains.”
Why do we use abbreviations in cooking?
Deciphering between the different cooking abbreviations and their proper unit of measurement can help make sure your dish comes out exactly as imagined. … Often times, different books will use different abbreviations, which can cause confusion when putting together a dish.
What does TSP stand for?
Thrift Savings PlanTSPAcronymDefinitionTSPTeaspoonTSPThrift Savings PlanTSP3-(Trimethylsilyl)-Propionic-2,2,3,3-D4 AcidTSPTraveling Salesman Problem141 more rows