- Which generation of computer is best?
- What is the difference between fourth and fifth generation of computer?
- What are the main features of fourth generation computers?
- Who invented the fourth generation computer?
- What are the 6 generations of computer?
- What is the goal of fifth generation computer?
- What is the fourth generation of computer?
- What are the examples of 5th generation computer?
- What are the new expectations in the fifth generation computer?
- What is the example of 5th generation?
- What is the speed of 4th generation computer?
Which generation of computer is best?
The second generation of computer was manufactured in using a Transistor instead of vacuum tubes.
The second generations of computer were more powerful, more reliable, and less expensive smaller true operated then the first-generation computer.
The memory of the second generation computer was compared to magnetic core..
What is the difference between fourth and fifth generation of computer?
The simple answer is 5th Gen computing is about developing AI – speech recognition, etc. It is developed using massively parallel computing. The difference between the 5thgen and it’s predecessor was fourth gen was designed using microprocessors. … They describe the difference as VLSI vs ULSI microprocessors.
What are the main features of fourth generation computers?
Computer – Fourth GenerationVLSI technology used.Very cheap.Portable and reliable.Use of PCs.Very small size.Pipeline processing.No AC required.Concept of internet was introduced.More items…
Who invented the fourth generation computer?
Inventions of the fourth generation of computers The first microprocessor was first introduced in 1971 by Intel, invented by its employee Ted Hoff. They called it Intel 4004; the first computer on a chip. These chips allowed computers to fit on a desktop computer.
What are the 6 generations of computer?
How many generations of computers are there?First generation (1940 – 1956)Second generation (1956 – 1963)Third generation (1964 – 1971)Fourth generation (1972 – 2010)Fifth generation (2010 to present)
What is the goal of fifth generation computer?
The Fifth Generation Computer project proposed by Japan is the first comprehensive effort to consolidate and build up on the progress achieved in artificial intelligence and incorporate this into a new generation of very powerful computers, for use by the common man in his day to day life.
What is the fourth generation of computer?
The period of fourth generation was from 1971-1980. Computers of fourth generation used Very Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) circuits. VLSI circuits having about 5000 transistors and other circuit elements with their associated circuits on a single chip made it possible to have microcomputers of fourth generation.
What are the examples of 5th generation computer?
FIFTH GENERATIONIntroduction: The period of the fifth generation in 1980-onwards. This generation is based on artificial intelligence. … Few Examples are: Desktop. Laptop. … Advantages: It is more reliable and works faster. … Disadvantages: They need very low-level languages.
What are the new expectations in the fifth generation computer?
1) The fifth generation computers will use super large scale integrated chips. 2) They will have artificial intelligence. 3) They will be able to recognize image and graphs. 4) Fifth generation computer aims to be able to solve highly complex problem including decision making, logical reasoning.
What is the example of 5th generation?
Defining the fifth generation of computers is somewhat difficult because the field is in its infancy. The most famous example of a fifth generation computer is the fictional HAL9000 from Arthur C. Clarke’s novel, 2001: A Space Odyssey.
What is the speed of 4th generation computer?
approximately a billion operations per secondAt the present time, the speed of the fourth-generation computers using integrated circuits is approximately a billion operations per second.